Dr. Sanela Porca
Professor of Economics and International Business
"[I started teaching] for the love of education."
- Ph.D. in Economics – University of Tennessee, 2002
- Major Areas of Specialization: Public Finance, Urban and Regional Economics
- Minor Areas of Specialization: International and Economic Development
- Dissertation: "The Effects of Political Factors, Tax Competition and Industrial Mix on State Tax Revenue Composition: Theoretical and Empirical Evidence"
- M.A. in Economics – Miami University, 1997
- Thesis: "The Trade-Off Between Defense Spending and Private Investment in the United States During and After the Cold War"
- B.A. in Economics – Denison University, 1996
- Online Teaching Certificate – Online Learning Consortium, 2016
- Teaching face-to-face and online economics and international business classes
- Leadership Aiken County, Class of 2017-2018
In which online degree programs do you teach?
Why did you start teaching?
For the love of education.
What advice would you give to those considering this degree program?
What qualities make someone particularly successful in marketing?
Good organizational skills.
What do you think is the biggest challenge that marketers face today?
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
Adam Smith's "The Wealth of Nations".