Dr. Patsy Granger Lewellyn
Associate Professor at USC Aiken
"Stay ahead of the schedule and be prepared to devote sufficient time to study and practice."
- DBA – Louisiana Tech University, 1987
- MBA – Louisiana Tech University, 1981
- B.A. – Hendrix College, 1972
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), 1975
- Public accounting, audit and information technology, 1973-1980
- Executive Director, Arkansas State Board of Public Accountancy, 1977
- Visiting Professor, IESEG International MBA program, Lille/Paris, France, 2015–
- Founding member and Officer (President, Program Chair, Treasurer, Audit Committee Chair), International Association for Business & Society, 1991–
- Board of Directors, Southern Bank & Trust; STAR Foundation; Aiken Center for the Arts; Juilliard Music Festival
- Sabbatical with KPMG London, Sustainability Advisory Services, 2000-01
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
Financial Accounting for Managers
Why did you start teaching?
I wanted to share my passion for learning with others.
What advice would you give to those considering this degree program?
Stay ahead of the schedule and be prepared to devote sufficient time to study and practice.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in financial accounting?
Critical thinking, attention to detail, high ethical standards, motivation to succeed, and intellectual curiosity.
What do you think is the biggest challenge that people in business face today?
Staying up-to-date; conflicts of interest.
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know.
I have lived in Arkansas, St. Thomas USVI, Georgia, and South Carolina. I have traveled to 27 countries [within] 6 continents.